A Unique Formula to Support and Maintain the Gut Flora
Lacidofil® was developed approximately 30 years ago by Lallemand Health Solutions to support and maintain the digestive microflora. Both the finished product formulation and the individual strains have been extensively researched over the years. It is composed of two proprietary lactobacilli strains, Lactobacillus rhamnosus Rosell®-11 and Lactobacillus helveticus Rosell®-52. The formula is concentrated at 4 Billion CFU and is available in various formats: capsule, sachet or stick, as a soluble or orodispersible solution. Several tasty flavors for kids have been selected. For babies and young children, Lacidofil® can also be formulated in drops offering a convenient delivery form for this age category.
The primary area of application of Lacidofil® is gut health and includes several positive studies in occasional diarrhea and the support of the microflora, in both children and adults.
For other use than food/dietary supplement
In some specific clinical trials, Lacidofil® has been documented in antibiotic‐associated diarrhea prevention in children and adults, H. pylori eradication, acute gastroenteritis in children, management of IBS symptoms and lactose intolerance.
Beyond gut health, Lacidofil® has also shown a beneficial impact in the following health areas:
- Women’s health: 2 clinical studies on pregnant women
- Skin health: 2 clinical studies on atopic dermatitis in children
- Metabolic health: 1 clinical study in adults with Alcoholic Liver Disease, supported by in vivo modes of action
Thanks to a strong body of clinical evidence, Lacidofil® has been granted Canadian health claims for infants, children, adolescents and adults, including but not limited to:
• Helps to reduce the risk of antibiotic associated diarrhea (in children and adolescents from 2 to 18 years of age)
• Reduces the duration of acute infectious diarrhea in adolescents & adults, 13 years and older
• An adjunct to physician supervised therapy in patients with Helicobacter pylori infections
• Help support healthy gut flora in women, including before and after giving birth
• Helps to promote a positive gut and vaginal flora after C-section in women undergoing post-operative antibiotic therapy.